Friday, April 4, 2008

Taking the Plunge (Literally)

There's a first time for everything, first official blog "contribution" included. So here goes, I don't think it will be too painful.

Two unfortunate things have happened in the last 24 hours or so. First of all, it snowed. I cannot believe it is snowing. In April. Actually, that's a lie. I'm sure this happened last year, or even the year before, I just block it out every time because it just isn't fair. Being from Toronto doesn't really give me any justification to hate winter because I've been told that we get it pretty tame compared to say, the prairies or something, but any excuse to complain about something is alright with me. Yeah, I'm definitely not bitter about winter at all...

The second thing was that my phone got waterlogged. As in dropped in a lot of water. So now the screen looks like it is dripping from the inside and the colours go all funny and it won't charge. Which is all kind of problematic considering I really have no other line of communication besides the Internet, which has also been faulty recently. I think it's a sign that I should become a hermit or something... good thing I live at the bottom of a mountain. I hope Rogers believes my story and gives me a new phone. Life could be disastrous otherwise, and I'd rather not think about it.

In other news (the actual reason I was supposed to contribute to this blog in the first place), the Snap! podcast is (slowly) picking up speed. There's already one episode up on the Snap! website called "Electro Shock Therapy" and, well, it's pretty shocking. In a good way. But there is still more to come! As well as having a great heap of excellent music to play, we've got some sweet artists we're looking to snag for an interview. Don't worry, loyal readers, you'll find out who they are soon enough. The suspense is overwhelming, so stay tuned.

No comments: